Born on 2nd March 1953, Dist – Midnapur, West Bengal.
Graduated from J B ROY State Ayurvedic Collage, Calcutta in first position in the year 1977.
Postgraduate and PhD from Banaras Hindu University in the year 1982 and 1986.
- Lecturer Ayurveda Campus, Institute of Medicine, Kathmandu, Nepal and
- State Ayurvedic College Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. Joined as
- Reader in the department of Shalya Tantra, faculty of Ayurveda in 1993
- Professor in the department of Shalya Tantra 2003- 2018
- Founder Director, All India institute of Ayurveda, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi in 2010 -2011, an apex institution of Ayurveda under Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India
- Dean – Faculty of Ayurveda
Teaching and research experience over 34 years and Published 32 research papers in national and international journals and contributed 3 chapters in different text books. Book/ Monograph - Author of Manual on Fistula in ano and Ksharsutratherapy’.
Research project completed – 06
Patent obtained - Two
Life Member of several National and international Academy, Delivered key note addresses and guest lecturers in many national and international conferences, seminars and symposia. (Paris, Austria, South Korea, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Egypt, China, Bangkok and Nepal)
Established National Facility for Treatment of Fistula in Ano, (National Resource Centre on Ksharsutra Therapy) as Program coordinator in Faculty of Ayurveda, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University,Varanasi.
- Felicitated in the year 2008 by the Dept. of AYUSH, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India for contribution to develop Ayurveda.
- Vaidya Sundarlal Joshi Memorial Awards - 2014.
- IASTAM, Shri Haribhau Paranjape Award for Excellence in Shalya Shalakya- 2016.
- Steering Committee on AYUSH for the Twelfth Five-Year Plan (2012-2017)
- Scientific advisory Board, Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS)
- Coordinator (India) - for India-China Cooperation in the area of Traditional Knowledge and Medicine – 2015
- Nodal officer – Organizing Aarogyo at Banaras Hindu University - 2210015
- Developed Innovative Technique IFTAK, (BHU technique) - in the management of Fistula in ano.
- Bio degradable dermal patch using Ayurvedic drug for wound healing